Synonyms of "clip""clip" in a sentence
- Noun: clip klip
Verb: clip (clipped,clipping) klip
- A metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun
- cartridge holder, cartridge clip, magazine
- An instance or single occasion for some event
"he could do ten at a clip"
- Any of various small fasteners used to hold loose articles together
- An article of jewellery that can be clipped onto a hat or dress
- The act of clipping or snipping
- clipping, snip
- A sharp slanting blow
"he gave me a clip on the ear"
- Sever or remove by pinching or snipping
- nip, nip off, snip, snip off
- Run at a moderately swift pace
- trot, jog
- Attach with a clip
"clip the papers together"
- Cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
- snip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back
- Terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent
- curtail, cut short
Derived forms: clipping, clipped, clips
See also: clipper, clipping
Type of: attach, blow, case, cut, cutting, cutting off, example, fastener, fastening, fixing, holdfast, instance, jewellery [Brit, Cdn], jewelry [N. Amer], run, shorten, supply chamber, thin out
Part of: gun
n. a fast rate of speed.
• By traveling at a good clip, we managed to get there before the wedding started.
• You were moving at a pretty good clip when you ran into the truck.
A portion of a brick cut to length.2.
A special fastener made of light-gauge sheet metal or wire for the attachment of gypsum lath to channel or steel studs.3.
A small device, usually of metal, for holding larger parts in place, either by friction or by mechanical action, as a spring device of metal used to hold glass in a window.
"A device that fastens by gripping, clasping, or hooking one part to another."
A pinch-type connector whose jaws are normally held closed by a spring.
clipped-noise modulation Modulation of a jamming signal through clipping action to increase the sideband energy and resulting interference.
Hand-held tools or implements used by health professionals for the performance of surgical tasks. n : a device used to arrest bleeding from vessels or tissues during operations
1. Compiler Language for Information Processing.
2. Common LISP in Parallel.
- A diamond clip was pinned to her dress.
- The old car was travelling at quite a clip.
- I want two extra clips and a box of cartridges.
- She gave him a clip round the ear.
- Winston stroked his nose gently with a paper clip.
- Maybe you can clip him.
- They tried to fit you with an english song and clip your speech into the english tale.
- "clip " can relate to cutting off an unwanted part or to removing a part in order to keep it.
- After reading the article, aun began collecting news clips about prison crowding around the country.
- He paused on the veranda only long enough to plant a kick on jack's backside and clip bob's ear.
, "cliometric" meaning
, "cliometrician" meaning
, "cliometrics" meaning
, "clioquinol" meaning
, "clip a butt" meaning
, "clip angle, lug angle" meaning
, "clip art" meaning
, "clip artist" meaning
What is the meaning of clip and how to define clip in English? clip meaning, what does clip mean in a sentence? clip meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.