Synonyms of "cattalo""cattalo" in a sentence
- Noun: cattalo (cattalo,cattaloes,cattalos) 'kat`low
- Hardy breed of cattle resulting from crossing domestic cattle with the American buffalo; yields leaner beef than conventional breeds
Derived forms: cattalo, cattalos, cattaloes
Type of: beef, beef cattle
- Goodnight was convinced that his " cattalo " business would thrive.
- He called the result " cattalo " in 1888.
- For example, in 1936 the Canadian government had successfully cross-bred only 30 cattalos.
- American bison bulls ( American " buffalo " ) have been crossed with domestic cattle to produce beefalo and cattalo.
- The new name, Beefalo, was meant to separate this hybrid from the problems associated with the old cattalo hybrids.
- Bull and cow cattalos are reported in " Wonders of Animal Life " edited by J A Hammerton ( 1930 ).
- These same corrals were later home to a " cattalo, " a hybrid between one of Jones'buffalos and a domesticated Hereford bull.
- Although the cattalo performed well, the mating problems meant the breeder had to maintain a herd of wild and difficult-to-handle bison cows.
- After Goodnight stopped driving cattle from Texas to New Mexico and Colorado on the Goodnight-Loving Trail that he blazed with Oliver Loving, he crossbred buffalo with Angus to create the cattalo.
- There is a scurrilous rumor going around Buffalo Gap that Bob is really a " cattalo " or a " beefalo, " a cross between a buffalo and a Charlois.
What is the meaning of cattalo and how to define cattalo in English? cattalo meaning, what does cattalo mean in a sentence? cattalo meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.