Synonyms of "cartridge""cartridge" in a sentence
- Noun: cartridge kaa(r)trij
- Ammunition consisting of a cylindrical casing containing an explosive charge and a bullet; fired from a rifle or handgun
- A light-tight supply chamber holding the film and supplying it for exposure as required
- A module designed to be inserted into a larger piece of equipment
"he loaded a cartridge of fresh tape into the tape deck"
- An electro-acoustic transducer that is the part of the arm of a record player that holds the needle and that is removable
Derived forms: cartridges
Type of: ammo, ammunition, electro-acoustic transducer, module, supply chamber
Part of: camera, phonograph, photographic camera, record player
Same as cartouche.
1. The replaceable transducer assembly of a microphone.
2. A magnetic-tape magazine. Also see TAPE CARTRIDGE.
3. A removable computer mass-storage medium, containing a tape, magnetic diskette, or optical diskette.
4. An insulating tube housing a fuse, semiconductor component, resistor, capacitor, or other part.
- These can be exploded with a cartridge.
- I want two extra clips and a box of cartridges.
- The cartridge is ejected automatically.
- These can be ignited as by means of a squib or exploded with a cartridge.
- These increments were mixed and looked into the 5. 56 mm cartridge case.
- If it is necessary to drill helper holes, never drill in the neighbourhood of the cartridge.
- Impulsive loads for structural tests have been generated by explosive cartridges or by small rockets.
- But for a slight rhythmic movement of the cartridge box at the back of his belt he might have been thought to be dead.
- They came face to face with a man in a maroon-coloured shirt, who was feverishly pushing cartridges into a large revolver.
- He also ran errands for the ward and in his spare time made me a cigarette lighter out of an empty austrian rifle cartridge.
What is the meaning of cartridge and how to define cartridge in English? cartridge meaning, what does cartridge mean in a sentence? cartridge meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.