carrying charge meaning
Synonyms of "carrying charge""carrying charge" in a sentence
- Noun: carrying charge
- Charge made for carrying an account or for merchandise sold on an instalment plan
- The opportunity cost of unproductive assets; the expense incurred by ownership
- carrying cost
Derived forms: carrying charges
Type of: charge, opportunity cost
Encyclopedia: Carrying charge
n. An extra cost added to the price of something bought on weekly or monthly payments. The price of the bicycle was $50. Jim bought it for $5.00 a month for ten months plus a carrying charge of $1 a month.
1 (Accounting ) (also carrying cost, holding cost)
the cost to a business of storing goods or holding assets rather than using them to earn income:
If your inventory carrying costs are high, you will only want to keep enough in your warehouse to protect customer service.
2 (Commerce ) (especially AmE)
money that you pay as interest and charges when you buy sth using credit
The fee a broker charges for carrying securities on credit, such as on a margin account.
- And it brings with it carrying charges for storage.
- Carrying charges total about $ 800 a month.
- The co-op has no mortgage, and its carrying charges are low.
- Individual teams can grease palms with " carrying charges, " as Sidney Greenstreet would say.
- Conversely, you might impose a carrying charge if the bill is not paid in 60 or 90 days.
- The extra money brought in by the flip tax has been a factor in keeping our carrying charges down,
- The carrying charge includes insurance, storage and interest on the invested funds as well as other incidental costs.
- Western said one interpretation of the order would increase that to more than $ 700 million by adding carrying charges.
- For example, he said, HUD might incur costly carrying charges while waiting for the properties to be sold.
- According to Line 221-Carrying charges and interest expenses interest payments from an investment designed to generate an income can be deducted.
What is the meaning of carrying charge and how to define carrying charge in English? carrying charge meaning, what does carrying charge mean in a sentence? carrying charge meaning
，carrying charge definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.