carrying charge meaning
- Noun: carrying charge
- Charge made for carrying an account or for merchandise sold on an instalment plan
- The opportunity cost of unproductive assets; the expense incurred by ownership
- carrying cost
Derived forms: carrying charges
Type of: charge, opportunity cost
Encyclopedia: Carrying charge
n. An extra cost added to the price of something bought on weekly or monthly payments. The price of the bicycle was $50. Jim bought it for $5.00 a month for ten months plus a carrying charge of $1 a month.
1 (Accounting ) (also carrying cost, holding cost)
the cost to a business of storing goods or holding assets rather than using them to earn income:
If your inventory carrying costs are high, you will only want to keep enough in your warehouse to protect customer service.
2 (Commerce ) (especially AmE)
money that you pay as interest and charges when you buy sth using credit
The fee a broker charges for carrying securities on credit, such as on a margin account.
- And it brings with it carrying charges for storage.
- Carrying charges total about $ 800 a month.
- The co-op has no mortgage, and its carrying charges are low.
- Individual teams can grease palms with " carrying charges, " as Sidney Greenstreet would say.
- Conversely, you might impose a carrying charge if the bill is not paid in 60 or 90 days.
- The extra money brought in by the flip tax has been a factor in keeping our carrying charges down,
- The carrying charge includes insurance, storage and interest on the invested funds as well as other incidental costs.
- Western said one interpretation of the order would increase that to more than $ 700 million by adding carrying charges.
- For example, he said, HUD might incur costly carrying charges while waiting for the properties to be sold.
- According to Line 221-Carrying charges and interest expenses interest payments from an investment designed to generate an income can be deducted.
- "carrying charge" meaning in Chinese: 1.拥有财产所带来的费用〔如纳税〕。2.(分期付款购货的)附加价格。
- "carrying charge" meaning in Japanese: 維持費｛いじひ｝、保管費用｛ほかん ひよう｝、運送費｛うんそうひ｝、月賦の割増金
- "carrying charge" meaning in Korean: phrase, 월부의 할증금, 부동산의 계속 소유(사용)에 드는 비용(세금.보험등), (상품 수송의)제비...
- "carrying charge" meaning in Russian: 1) текущие расходы (по хранению товаров на складе) 2) проц...
- "carrying charge" meaning in French: n. frais de possession; frais de couverture
What is the meaning of carrying charge and how to define carrying charge in English? carrying charge meaning, what does carrying charge mean in a sentence? carrying charge meaning，carrying charge definition, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.