Synonyms of "can""can" in a sentence
- Verb: can (canned,canning) kan
Noun: can kan
- Preserve in a can or tin
- tin, put up
- [N. Amer] Terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position
- displace, fire, give notice, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate
Verb: can (could) kan
- Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
- tin, tin can
- The quantity contained in a can
- A buoy with a round bottom and conical top
- can buoy
- [N. Amer] The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- buttocks, nates, butt, backside, bum, buns [N. Amer], fundament, hindquarters, hind end, posterior, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush [N. Amer], bottom, behind, derriere, heinie [US], derrière
- [N. Amer] A plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- toilet, commode, crapper, pot, potty, stool, throne
- [N. Amer] A room or building equipped with one or more toilets
- toilet, lavatory, lav, john, privy, bathroom
- Able to
"fish can swim", "I can drive if you like", "Can I help you?"
Derived forms: canned, canning, cans
See also: cannery
Type of: body part, buoy, container, containerful, keep, plumbing fixture, preserve, remove, room
Part of: bath, bathroom, body, torso, trunk
• Hell, I ain't tired! Where's the can?
• I gotta use the can before we leave.
Restroom, room with a toilet (toilets).
note: Very commonly used.
E.g. 'John passed out in the can.' note: Very commonly used.
Abbr. for canvas.
■ noun [C]
1 (BrE also tin)
a metal container in which food and drink is sold; the amount contained in a can:
a can of beans
a beer/paint can
We each drank a can of Coke.
a metal container in which liquids are kept under pressure and let out in a fine spray when you press a button on the lid:
a can of hairspray
■ verb [+ obj] (-nn-)
1 (especially AmE)
to preserve food by putting it in a can
2 (informal) (AmE)
to dismiss sb from their job
"A cylindrical metal vessel or container, usually with an open top or a removable cover."
1. A metal enclosure or container roughly resembling a tin can (though not necessarily cylindrical), used for shielding or potting components.
2. Colloquial expression for HEADPHONE.
<character> (CAN, Control-X) ASCII character 24.
- Acids used in pickling can include sulfuric.
- Too much oxygen can also block regeneration.
- The races can be further subdivided.
- I can not bring him to my point of view.
- I am afraid i can not speak for geoff.
- It can break up a bad traffic snarl.
- But you can breast them in an afternoon.
- can we speak about plans for the holidays?
- When can you take delivery of the car?
- can you forgive this ignorant woman?
What is the meaning of can and how to define can in English? can meaning, what does can mean in a sentence? can meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.