by and by meaning
Synonyms of "by and by""by and by" in a sentence
- 1. At some future time
2. Before long, presently
3. In the course of time
4. In succession, in order of succession (obsolete)
after a period of time has passed. (Most often seen in children's stories.)
• By and by the bears returned home, and can you guess what they found?
• And by and by the little boy became a tall and handsome prince.
at some time in the future; as time passes.
The weather's sure to clear up by and by.
You may think your heart is broken, but you'll feel better by and by.
- We'll talk of that by and by.
- The clouds will disappear by and by.
- They will be arriving by and by.
- I will see him by and by.
- His dreamings and readings worked certain changes in him, by and by.
- by and by it became apparent that he had acted as my agent.
- by and by papa got too handy with his hickory and i couldn't stand it.
- by and by mrs. melbury came upstairs with a slight air of flurry and abruptness.
- But by and by he fell asleep where he sat, and pretty soon a mule fell down the chimney.
- by and by came my little puppy, and then my cup was full, my happiness was perfect.
What is the meaning of by and by and how to define by and by in English? by and by meaning, what does by and by mean in a sentence? by and by meaning
，by and by definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.