Synonyms of "bulk""bulk" in a sentence
- Noun: bulk búlk
Verb: bulk búlk
- The property resulting from being or relating to the greater in number of two parts; the main part
"the bulk of the work is finished"
- The property of something that is great in magnitude
"it is cheaper to buy it in bulk"
- mass, volume
- The property possessed by a large mass
- Stick out or up
"The parcel bulked in the sack"
- Cause to bulge or swell outwards
Derived forms: bulked, bulking, bulks
See also: bulky, major
Type of: bulge, figure, magnitude, mass, number, pouch, protrude, swell
■ noun [C,U]
1 the bulk (of sth)
the main part of sth; most of sth:
The cosmetics division accounts for the bulk of group profits.
The bulk of the savings will come from stopping all overtime.
(used about goods such as grain, oil or milk) loose; not packed:
Grain is often transported in bulk.
buy/order/sell (sth) in bulk
to buy, order or sell sth in large amounts, usually at a reduced price:
Companies will buy tickets and hotel rooms in bulk to get a better price.
You can order the spice in small amounts or in bulk.
■ adjective [only before noun]
in large amounts:
bulk orders of over 100 copies
They offer bulk quantities of low-price products.
The body or mass of a semiconductor specimen, as opposed to junctions within the specimen. Current flows through a junction, but it can also flow, more or less, through the mass of semiconductor wafer into which the junction has been formed.
n : material (as indigestible fibrous residues of food) that forms a mass in the intestine; esp : FIBER 2
- The problem bulks large in his mind.
- He lifted his huge bulk from the chair.
- The bulk of the work has already been done.
- It comes cheaper if you buy things in bulk.
- There was no bulk oxidation of the silver.
- A building is constructed with a bulk water tank.
- The eldest son inherited the bulk of the estate.
- Another basic quantity is the bulk modulus k.
- The bulk of the debt was paid.
- The goods will be shipped in bulk.
What is the meaning of bulk and how to define bulk in English? bulk meaning, what does bulk mean in a sentence? bulk meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.