Noun: Bridges brijiz
Noun: bridge brij
- United States labour leader who organized the longshoremen (1901-1990)
- Harry Bridges
Verb: bridge brij
- A structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
- A circuit consisting of two branches (4 arms arranged in a diamond configuration) across which a meter is connected
- bridge circuit
- Something resembling a bridge in form or function
"his letters provided a bridge across the centuries"
- The hard ridge that forms the upper part of the nose
"her glasses left marks on the bridge of her nose"
- Any of various card games based on whist for four players
- A wooden support that holds the strings up
- A denture anchored to teeth on either side of missing teeth
- The link between two lenses; rests on the nose
- An upper deck where a ship is steered and the captain stands
- bridge deck
- Connect or reduce the distance between
- bridge over
- Make a bridge across
"bridge a river"
- Cross over on a bridge
See also: bridge over, bridgeable
Type of: anatomical structure, bodily structure, body structure, bring together, card game, cards, circuit, complex body part, connect, connectedness, connection, connexion [Brit], construction, cover, cross, cut across, cut through, dental plate, denture, electric circuit, electrical circuit, get across, get over, join, labor leader [US], labour leader [Brit, Cdn], link, link up, linkup, pass over, plate, structure, support, tie, tie-in, track, traverse, upper deck
Part of: eyeglasses [N. Amer], glasses, nose, olfactory organ, specs, spectacles, stringed instrument, transit, transportation, transportation system
Encyclopedia: Bridges Bridges, Calvin Blackman Bridges, Robert Seymour Bridge Bridge, Electrical Bridge, Kent