Synonyms of "battered""battered" in a sentence
- Adjective: battered batud
Verb: batter batu(r)
- Damaged by blows or hard usage
"a battered old car"
- beat-up, beaten-up
- Damaged especially by hard usage
"his battered old hat"
- Exhibiting symptoms resulting from repeated physical and emotional injury
"a battered child"; "the battered woman syndrome"
- Strike against forcefully
- buffet, knock about
- Strike violently and repeatedly
- clobber, baste
- Make a dent or impression in
See also: abused, damaged, ill-treated, maltreated, mistreated, worn
Type of: beat, beat up, change form, change shape, deform, strike, work over
Encyclopedia: Batter Battered
mod. alcohol intoxicated.
• Man, was I battered. I will never drink another drop.
• Those guys really got battered at the party.
Adj. Very intoxicated by drink or drugs.
A term descriptive of a surface that is inclined or tilted with respect to the vertical; for example, a battered wall.
- He battered him with authorities.
- Your car looks rather battered.
- I ran to my room, got a battered suitcase.
- The battered fragments even now command our admiration.
- She walked slowly toward the bus stop, feeling battered.
- The investigators also turned up evidence of battered wives.
- The world was brutally battered but it survived.
- The opened battered mouth of the corpse bothered him.
- Theseus wrenched the club from his hands and battered him to death.
- War thundered and whined around the dugout and battered at the door.
What is the meaning of battered and how to define battered in English? battered meaning, what does battered mean in a sentence? battered meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.