axillary veins meaning
"axillary veins" in a sentence
The venous trunk of the upper limb; a continuation of the basilar and brachial veins running from the lower border of the teres major muscle to the outer border of the first rib where it becomes the subclavian vein.
- This disorder involves primary thrombosis of the axillary vein or subclavian vein.
- The cephalic vein travels on the lateral side of the arm and terminates as the axillary vein.
- Bonderman missed most of the 2008 season because he had procedures done to remove a blood clot in his axillary vein.
- Near the shoulder, the cephalic vein passes between the pectoralis major muscles ( deltopectoral groove ) and through the deltopectoral triangle, where it empties into the axillary vein.
- The thoracoepigastric vein runs along the lateral aspect of the trunk between the superficial epigastric vein below and the lateral thoracic vein above and establishes an important communication between the femoral vein and the axillary vein.
- As it ascends the medial side of the biceps in the arm proper ( between the elbow and shoulder ), the basilic vein normally perforates the brachial fascia ( deep fascia ) above the circumflex humeral veins feed into it, just before it joins the brachial veins to form the axillary vein.
- Catheters can be placed in veins in the neck ( internal jugular vein ), chest ( subclavian vein or axillary vein ), groin ( femoral vein ), or through veins in the arms ( also known as a peripheral vein, obtain blood tests ( specifically the " central venous oxygen saturation " ), and measure central venous pressure.
What is the meaning of axillary veins and how to define axillary veins in English? axillary veins meaning, what does axillary veins mean in a sentence? axillary veins meaning
，axillary veins definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.