"axid" in a sentence
A histamine H2 receptor antagonist with low toxicity that inhibits gastric acid secretion. The drug is used for the treatment of duodenal ulcers.
- The Whitehall-Robins Healthcare division of American Home Products Corp . plans to introduce its own product, Axid.
- Lilly is the maker of such popular drugs as the antidepressant Prozac, the antibiotic Ceclor and the ulcer drug Axid.
- Lilly's top products include Prozac for depression, Humulin human insulin for diabetics and the anti-ulcer medication Axid.
- These include Tagamet HB ( cimetidine ), Pepcid AC ( famotidine ), Zantac 75 ( ranitidine hydrochloride ) and Axid AR ( nizatidine ).
- Lilly said strong sales of the drugs Axid, for ulcers, Ceclor, an antibiotic, and Humulin, an insulin replacement, also contributed greatly to the overall sales growth.
- Also known as " AXiD ", Alpha Xi Delta is a sorority that was founded at Lombard College-an institution that does not exist anymore-in 1893.
- To top it off, Axid, a fourth anti-ulcer drug, which is made by Eli Lilly & AMP; Co ., goes before an FDA panel later this month.
- AXiD received the " Gold laurel " award, which is a prestigious distinction given to a chapter that received nearly all points by going above beyond on what a Greek organization should do.
- Growth was partly fueled by continued strong sales of Prozac, which increased 37 percent to $ 515 million, and sales of Axid, which rose 16 percent to $ 149 . 3 million.
- Parkman said that drugs that are especially effective include Pepcid, Zantac, Tagamet and Axid, which are histamine-2 receptor antagonists that block histamine, one of the triggers of acid secretion in the stomach.
What is the meaning of axid and how to define axid in English? axid meaning, what does axid mean in a sentence? axid meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.