Synonyms of "automobile""automobile" in a sentence
- Noun: automobile `otumu'beel
Verb: automobile `otumu'beel
- A motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine
- car, auto, machine, motorcar
- Travel in an automobile
Derived forms: automobiling, automobiled, automobiles
See also: automobilist, automotive
Type of: automotive vehicle, go, locomote, motor vehicle, move, travel
noun [C] (especially AmE)
The organization set the standard for the production of automobiles.
the automobile business/industry automobile manufacturers/workers
"A four-wheeled, trackless, self-propelled vehicle for land transportation of as many as eight people. Also known as car."
A usually four-wheeled automotive vehicle designed for passenger transportation and commonly propelled by an internal-combustion engine using a volatile fuel. (Webster,1973)
- The parts of an automobile are standardized.
- This new road is practicable for automobiles.
- I will send my automobile to get you.
- He was inexpert in driving an automobile.
- He never ran barking after wagons or automobiles.
- The automobile was demolished in a collision with the train.
- The automobiles in the distance seem tiny and alive.
- An automobile was formerly called a horseless carriage.
- My father had a narrow squeak in the automobile accident.
- His son was killed in an automobile crash a few days before.
What is the meaning of automobile and how to define automobile in English? automobile meaning, what does automobile mean in a sentence? automobile meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.