Synonyms of "amniocentesis""amniocentesis" in a sentence
- Noun: amniocentesis (amniocenteses) `amneeowsen'teesis
- (pregnancy) extraction by centesis of amniotic fluid from a pregnant woman (after the 15th week of pregnancy) to aid in the diagnosis of foetal abnormalities
Derived forms: amniocenteses
Type of: centesis, prenatal diagnosis
Percutaneous transabdominal puncture of the uterus during pregnancy to obtain amniotic fluid. It is commonly used for fetal karyotype determination in order to diagnose abnormal fetal conditions. n pl -te·ses : the surgical insertion of a hollow needle through the abdominal wall and into the uterus of a pregnant female to obtain amniotic fluid esp. to examine the fetal chromosomes for an abnormality and for the determination of sex
- amniocentesis is the removal of fluid from the amniotic sac.
- amniocentesis should be done by a physician skilled in the technique, after the patient has had appropriate counseling and has given her informed consent.
- After amniocentesis and prenatal counseling, the couple chose to terminate the pregnancy
- Karyotyping for adanced maternal age was performed by amniocentesis and demonstrated a normal male karyotype ( 46 xy with g-banding)
- Amniocentesis is a procedure to determine whether a fetus is healthy.
- One recent study suggests many women might be undergoing amniocentesis unnecessarily.
- An amniocentesis later proves that the baby is Sonny's.
- An amniocentesis confirmed she was carrying a healthy fetus, a boy.
- Larson had planned to perform an amniocentesis on April 24, 1990.
- But roughly one woman in every 200 to 300 miscarries after amniocentesis.
What is the meaning of amniocentesis and how to define amniocentesis in English? amniocentesis meaning, what does amniocentesis mean in a sentence? amniocentesis meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.