Synonyms of "aesthetics""aesthetics" in a sentence
- Noun: aesthetics es'thetiks [N. Amer], ees'thetiks [Brit]
Noun: aesthetic es'thetik [N. Amer], ees'thetik [Brit]
- (art) the branch of philosophy dealing with beauty and taste (emphasizing the evaluative criteria that are applied to art)
"traditional aesthetics assumed the existence of universal and timeless criteria of artistic value"
- esthetics [US]
- (philosophy) a philosophical theory as to what is beautiful
"he despised the aesthetic of minimalism"
- esthetic [US]
See also: aesthetical, aesthetician
Type of: philosophical doctrine, philosophical theory, philosophy
Encyclopedia: Aesthetic Aesthetics
The branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of the beautiful. It includes beauty,esthetic experience,esthetic judgment,esthetic aspects of medicine,etc.
- This is the aesthetics subordinated to politics.
- His aesthetic ideas were his own.
- The observation is an outstanding aesthetic attraction.
- The aesthetic results were poor.
- Collins had exposed the fallacy of modern aesthetics to me.
- Collines had exposed the fallacy of modern aesthetics to me.
- He was indefatigable in his lectures on the aesthetics of love.
- He is given to viewing life as if it were an aesthetic spectacle.
- Most americans have been exposed to the aesthetic of japanese design.
- The pale green dome making the aesthetic protest in the solitude of sky.
What is the meaning of aesthetics and how to define aesthetics in English? aesthetics meaning, what does aesthetics mean in a sentence? aesthetics meaning
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.