Synonyms of "active"Use "active" in a sentence
- characterized by energetic activity; "an active toddler"; "active as a gazelle"; "an active man is a man of action"
- engaged in full-time work; "active duty"; "though past retirement age he is still active in his profession"
- full of activity or engaged in continuous activity; "an active seaport"; "an active bond market"; "an active account"
- tending to become more severe or wider in scope; "active tuberculosis"
- disposed to take action or effectuate change; "a director who takes an active interest in corporate operations"; "an active antagonism"; "he was active in drawing attention to their grievances"
- (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt; "active volcanos"
- (of e.g. volcanos) capable of erupting
- (used of verbs (e.g. `to run'') and participial adjectives (e.g. `running'' in `running water'')) expressing action rather than a state of being
- expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor: "Hemingway favors active constructions"
- exerting influence or producing a change or effect; "an active ingredient"
- (of the sun) characterized by an increased occurrence of sunspots and flares and radio emissionsAdjective
- in operation; "keep hope alive"; "the tradition was still alive"; "an active tradition"
- taking part in an activity; "an active member of the club"; "he was politically active"; "the participating organizations"
- engaged in or ready for military or naval operations; "on active duty"; "the platoon is combat-ready"; "review the fighting forces"Noun
Synonyms: combat-ready, fighting,
- a person who is a participating member of an organization; "the club issues a list of members, both the actives and the retirees"
- the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is performing the action or causing the happening denoted by the verb; "`The boy threw the ball'' uses the active voice"
Synonyms: active voice,
- chemical agent capable of activity
Synonyms: active agent,
What is the definition of active and how to define active in English? active meaning, what does active mean in a sentence? active definition
, translation, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by eng.ichacha.net.