drive in Chinese
[ draiv ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "drive"Synonyms of "drive""drive" in a sentence"drive" meaning
past tense: drove past participle: driven plural: drives present participle: driving
- When are you taking your driving test ?
- Be particularly careful when driving at night .
- They are watching landry drive toby .
- His knowledge merely drives him to madness .
- They drove a tunnel through the rock .
- Reckless driving may lose you even your life .
- How did you get along in your driving test ?
- I could drive a car before i left school .
- Earlier the waves had washed out beach drive .
- This will extend the life of the drive .
- the act of applying force to propel something; "after reaching the desired velocity the drive is cut off"
Synonyms: thrust, driving force,
- a journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile); "he took the family for a drive in his new car"
- the act of driving a herd of animals overland
- (sports) a hard straight return (as in tennis or squash)
- hitting a golf ball off of a tee with a driver; "he sliced his drive out of bounds"
- a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end; "he supported populist campaigns"; "they worked in the cause of world peace"; "the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"; "the movement to end slavery"; "contributed to the war effort"
Synonyms: campaign, cause, crusade, movement, effort,
- a wide scenic road planted with trees; "the riverside drive offers many exciting scenic views"
- a mechanism by which force or power is transmitted in a machine; "a variable speed drive permitted operation through a range of speeds"
- (computer science) a device that writes data onto or reads data from a storage medium
- a road leading up to a private house; "they parked in the driveway"
Synonyms: driveway, private road,
- the trait of being highly motivated; "his drive and energy exhausted his co-workers"
- a physiological state corresponding to a strong need or desire
- move into a desired direction of discourse; "What are you driving at?"
Synonyms: get, aim,
- hunting: chase from cover into more open ground; "drive the game"
- hunting: search for game; "drive the forest"
- cause to function by supplying the force or power for or by controlling; "The amplifier drives the tube"; "steam drives the engines"; "this device drives the disks for the computer"
- excavate horizontally; "drive a tunnel"
- hit very hard, as by swinging a bat horizontally; "drive a ball"
- strike with a driver, as in teeing off; "drive a golf ball"
- cause to move back by force or influence; "repel the enemy"; "push back the urge to smoke"; "beat back the invaders"
Synonyms: repel, repulse, force back, push back, beat back,
- cause to move rapidly by striking or throwing with force; "drive the ball far out into the field"
- push, propel, or press with force; "Drive a nail into the wall"
- force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically; "She rammed her mind into focus"; "He drives me mad"
Synonyms: force, ram,
- compel somebody to do something, often against his own will or judgment; "She finally drove him to change jobs"
- travel or be transported in a vehicle; "We drove to the university every morning"; "They motored to London for the theater"
- proceed along in a vehicle; "We drive the turnpike to work"
- operate or control a vehicle; "drive a car or bus"; "Can you drive this four-wheel truck?"
- urge forward; "drive the cows into the barn"
- cause someone or something to move by driving; "She drove me to school every day"; "We drove the car to the garage"
- move by being propelled by a force; "The car drove around the corner"
- strive and make an effort to reach a goal; "She tugged for years to make a decent living"; "We have to push a little to make the deadline!"; "She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
Synonyms: tug, labor, labour, push,
- work as a driver; "He drives a bread truck"; "She drives for the taxi company in Newark"
- to compel or force or urge relentlessly or exert coercive pressure on, or motivate strongly; "She is driven by her passion"
- have certain properties when driven; "This car rides smoothly"; "My new truck drives well"
"driven" in Chinese, "drove" in Chinese, "driving" in Chinese, "drivage efficiency" in Chinese, "drivage method" in Chinese, "drivage ratio" in Chinese, "drivai" in Chinese, "drivalve" in Chinese, "drive (driving) fit" in Chinese, "drive (driving) gear" in Chinese, "drive (driving) shaft" in Chinese, "drive -02" in Chinese,