device in Chinese
[ di'vais ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "device"Synonyms of "device""device" in a sentence"device" meaning
- No help from a trim device is assumed .
- The device enables the operation of the act .
- Electronic devices shrank tremendously .
- The classical examples are strain gage devices .
- The refrigerator is a widely-used device .
- This device is found from the fourteenth century .
- The most popular input device is the terminal .
- Sycophancy was the device of the least trustworthy .
- The fuse acts as a safety device .
- Such devices are under development .
- any clever maneuver; "he would stoop to any device to win a point"; "it was a great sales gimmick"; "a cheap promotions gimmick for greedy businessmen"
Synonyms: gimmick, twist,
- an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose; "the device is small enough to wear on your wrist"; "a device intended to conserve water"
- an emblematic design (especially in heraldry); "he was recognized by the device on his shield"
- any ornamental pattern or design (as in embroidery)
- something in an artistic work designed to achieve a particular effect