defense in Chinese
[ di'fens ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "defense"Synonyms of "defense"Use "defense" in a sentence
past tense: defensed past participle: defensed plural: defenses present participle: defensing
- She spoke in defense of her religious beliefs .
- He had prepared a map for his mine defense .
- The enemy brushed aside our defenses .
- Our tanks have breached the enemy defenses .
- The country must look to its defenses .
- He works in the ministry of national defense .
- The most effective defense is offence .
- Leagues are commonly made for mutual defense .
- He has been brought in to strengthen the defense .
- Our defense is crumbling from within .
- the act of defending someone or something against attack or injury; "a good boxer needs a good defense"; "defense against hurricanes is an urgent problem"
- protection from harm; "sanitation is the best defense against disease"
- (military) military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies; "they died in the defense of Stalingrad"; "they were developed for the defense program"
Synonyms: defence, defensive measure,
- a defendant''s answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him; "he gave evidence for the defense"
Synonyms: defence, denial, demurrer,
- a structure used to defend against attack; "the artillery battered down the defenses"
Synonyms: defensive structure, defence,
- the justification for some act or belief; "he offered a persuasive defense of the theory"
Synonyms: defence, vindication,
- the speech act of answering an attack on your assertions; "his refutation of the charges was short and persuasive"; "in defense he said the other man started it"
Synonyms: refutation, defence,
- an organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack; "he joined the defense against invasion"
Synonyms: defence, defense force, defence force,
- the defendant and his legal advisors collectively; "the defense called for a mistrial"
Synonyms: defence, defense team, defense lawyers,
- (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring; "his teams are always good on defense"
Synonyms: defence, defending team,
- (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
Synonyms: defense mechanism, defense reaction, defence mechanism, defence reaction, defence,
"active defense" in Chinese, "national defense" in Chinese, "defenec forces" in Chinese, "defenestration" in Chinese, "defenestrations of prague" in Chinese, "defeng" in Chinese, "defensa la" in Chinese, "defense (on lvl)" in Chinese, "defense - attack" in Chinese, "defense acquisition council" in Chinese, "defense acquisition radar" in Chinese,