defend in Chinese
[ di'fend ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "defend"Synonyms of "defend"Use "defend" in a sentence
- She demonstrated how best to defend oneself .
- We have defended the fruits of our victory .
- The village was defended by a river .
- You will need lawyers to defend you .
- He never lost a chance to defend her .
- Sam hawthorne had not spoken up, defending her .
- He felt that all his resources could not defend him .
- You can stop defending yourself .
- I would resign rather than defend it again .
- Alec was defending his wife .
- argue or speak in defense of; "She supported the motion to strike"
Synonyms: support, fend for,
- state or assert; "He maintained his innocence"
- fight against or resist strongly; "The senator said he would oppose the bill"; "Don''t fight it!"
Synonyms: fight, oppose, fight back, fight down,
- be on the defensive; act against an attack
- protect against a challenge or attack; "Hold that position behind the trees!"; "Hold the bridge against the enemy''s attacks"
Synonyms: guard, hold,
- protect or fight for as a champion
- be the defense counsel for someone in a trial; "Ms. Smith will represent the defendant"