defence in Chinese
[ di'fens ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "defence"Synonyms of "defence""defence" in a sentence"defence" meaning
- This is an alliance for offensive and defence .
- The walls of york were strong defences .
- He gave his life in defence of his country .
- The urgent need for defence had also vanished .
- The best defence is offence .
- The lawyer produced a clever defence of his client .
- Most countries have armies for their defence .
- The yanshan hills provide a natural defence for beijing .
- Here the enemy's defences were the most formidable .
- The prosecution makes certain changes against the defence .
- the act of defending someone or something against attack or injury; "a good boxer needs a good defense"; "defense against hurricanes is an urgent problem"
- protection from harm; "sanitation is the best defense against disease"
- (military) military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies; "they died in the defense of Stalingrad"; "they were developed for the defense program"
Synonyms: defense, defensive measure,
- a defendant''s answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him; "he gave evidence for the defense"
Synonyms: defense, denial, demurrer,
- a structure used to defend against attack; "the artillery battered down the defenses"
Synonyms: defensive structure, defense,
- the justification for some act or belief; "he offered a persuasive defense of the theory"
Synonyms: defense, vindication,
- the speech act of answering an attack on your assertions; "his refutation of the charges was short and persuasive"; "in defense he said the other man started it"
Synonyms: refutation, defense,
- an organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack; "he joined the defense against invasion"
Synonyms: defense, defense force, defence force,
- the defendant and his legal advisors collectively; "the defense called for a mistrial"
Synonyms: defense, defense team, defense lawyers,
- (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring; "his teams are always good on defense"
Synonyms: defense, defending team,
- (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
Synonyms: defense mechanism, defense reaction, defence mechanism, defence reaction, defense,
"air defence" in Chinese, "necessity defence" in Chinese, "civil defence" in Chinese, "zone defence" in Chinese, "aerial defence" in Chinese, "coast defence ship" in Chinese, "defelice" in Chinese, "defelsko" in Chinese, "defemination" in Chinese, "defeminization" in Chinese, "defeminnization" in Chinese, "defence activity" in Chinese, "defence affairs" in Chinese, "defence africa and the middle east" in Chinese, "defence against" in Chinese,