cup in Chinese
[ kʌp ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "cup"Use "cup" in a sentence
past tense: cupped past participle: cupped plural: cups present participle: cupping
- In a nutshell, it was not my cup of tea .
- Faber cupped hands around his mouth .
- He has won several cups for shooting .
- Joy and grief were mingled in the cup .
- The cup is full; no more will go in .
- Boiling water cracked a cup across the bottom .
- There 's many a slip between the cup and the lip .
- The cup was full and the tea was running over ..
- Our destiny offers, not the cup of despair .
- We had a pleasant chat over a cup of tea .
- a small open container usually used for drinking; usually has a handle; "he put the cup back in the saucer"; "the handle of the cup was missing"
- a large metal vessel with two handles that is awarded as a trophy to the winner of a competition; "the school kept the cups is a special glass case"
Synonyms: loving cup,
- the hole (or metal container in the hole) on a golf green; "he swore as the ball rimmed the cup and rolled away"; "put the flag back in the cup"
- a punch served in a pitcher instead of a punch bowl
- cup-shaped plant organ
- a United States liquid unit equal to 8 fluid ounces
- the quantity a cup will hold; "he drank a cup of coffee"; "he borrowed a cup of sugar"
- any cup-shaped concavity; "bees filled the waxen cups with honey"; "he wore a jock strap with a metal cup"; "the cup of her bra"
- treat by applying evacuated cups to the patient''s skin
- put into a cup; "cup the milk"
- form into the shape of a cup; "She cupped her hands"
"cupping" in Chinese, "claret cup" in Chinese, "loving cup" in Chinese, "cup final" in Chinese, "drinking cup" in Chinese, "cupping glass" in Chinese, "acorn cup" in Chinese, "china cup" in Chinese, "cup holder" in Chinese, "cuorse pointer" in Chinese, "cuoxam" in Chinese, "cuoxam lignin" in Chinese, "cuozhen" in Chinese, "cuozzo" in Chinese, "cup (as a prize); trophy; plate" in Chinese, "cup ammoniation" in Chinese, "cup and ball joint" in Chinese, "cup and ball jointing" in Chinese,