cross in Chinese
[ krɔs ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "cross"Synonyms of "cross""cross" in a sentence"cross" meaning
past tense: crossed past participle: crossed plural: crosses present participle: crossing
- They asked whether he was crossed in love .
- Karen's right leg was crossed over her left .
- All the troops have crossed the river safely .
- A disturbing thought crossed my mind .
- Hannibal was now crossing the alps .
- The cross ratio he called anharmonic ratio .
- Keep your fingers crossed that i get the job .
- They crossed his name off the list .
- The thought of resigning never crossed my mind .
- I never knew him to say a cross word .
- annoyed and irritable
Synonyms: crabbed, crabby, fussy, grouchy, grumpy, bad-tempered, ill-tempered,
- extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis; "cross members should be all steel"; "from the transverse hall the stairway ascends gracefully"; "transversal vibrations"; "transverse colon"
Synonyms: transverse, transversal, thwartwise, Verb
- breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties; "cross a horse and a donkey"; "Mendel tried crossbreeding"; "these species do not interbreed"
Synonyms: crossbreed, hybridize, hybridise, interbreed,
- trace a line through or across; "cross your `t''"
- travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
Synonyms: traverse, track, cover, pass over, get over, get across, cut through, cut across,
- meet and pass; "the trains crossed"
- fold so as to resemble a cross; "she crossed her legs"
- meet at a point
- hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth''s amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
Synonyms: thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, frustrate, baffle, bilk,
- to cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor", "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"
Synonyms: traverse, span, sweep, Noun
- (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
Synonyms: hybridization, hybridisation, crossbreeding, crossing, interbreeding, hybridizing,
- (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock; especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species; "a mule is a cross between a horse and a donkey"
Synonyms: hybrid, crossbreed,
- a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece
- a marking that consists of lines that cross each other
Synonyms: crisscross, mark,
- any affliction that causes great suffering; "that is his cross to bear"; "he bears his afflictions like a crown of thorns"
Synonyms: crown of thorns,
"crossed" in Chinese, "crossing" in Chinese, "croso" in Chinese, "crosoli" in Chinese, "croson" in Chinese, "crospace" in Chinese, "crospovidone" in Chinese, "cross (short, flank) pass" in Chinese, "cross (short,flank) pass" in Chinese, "cross (short,flank)pass" in Chinese, "cross (transverse)circulation" in Chinese,