contract in Chinese
[ 'kɔntrækt ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "contract"Synonyms of "contract""contract" in a sentence"contract" meaning
past tense: contracted past participle: contracted plural: contractibility
- Ab extends by 2mm and bc contracts by 2mm .
- Speech makes more use of contracted forms .
- They want my john hancock on the contract .
- The contract was terminable by either party .
- The vendor signs a contract with the purchaser .
- He is bound by the terms of the contract .
- He had already contracted a liaison with some girl .
- I soon contracted expensive habits .
- I want the contract in black and white .
- This contract between us holds good for a year .
- a variety of bridge in which the bidder receives points toward game only for the number of tricks he bid
Synonyms: contract bridge,
- a binding agreement between two or more persons that is enforceable by law
- (contract bridge) the highest bid becomes the contract setting the number of tricks that the bidder must make
Synonyms: declaration, Verb
- be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness; "He got AIDS"; "She came down with pneumonia"; "She took a chill"
Synonyms: take, get,
- become smaller or draw together; "The fabric shrank"; "The balloon shrank"
- reduce in scope while retaining essential elements; "The manuscript must be shortened"
Synonyms: abridge, foreshorten, abbreviate, shorten, cut, reduce,
- make or become more narrow or restricted; "The selection was narrowed"; "The road narrowed"
- compress or concentrate; "Congress condensed the three-year plan into a six-month plan"
Synonyms: condense, concentrate,
- enter into a contractual arrangement
- make smaller; "The heat contracted the woollen garment"
- squeeze or press together; "she compressed her lips"; "the spasm contracted the muscle"
Synonyms: compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, press,
- engage by written agreement; "They signed two new pitchers for the next season"
Synonyms: sign, sign on, sign up,
"contracted" in Chinese, "conditional contract" in Chinese, "unilateral contract" in Chinese, "gratuitous contract" in Chinese, "contract miner" in Chinese, "short contract" in Chinese, "land contract" in Chinese, "literal contract" in Chinese, "civil contract" in Chinese, "contracid" in Chinese, "contraclinal valley" in Chinese, "contraclinal valleys" in Chinese, "contraclockwise" in Chinese, "contracptive device" in Chinese, "contract 1" in Chinese, "contract 2" in Chinese, "contract a debt" in Chinese, "contract a foreign loan" in Chinese,