continue in Chinese
[ kən'tinju: ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "continue"Synonyms of "continue"Use "continue" in a sentence
- The prodigal handouts should continue .
- Cotton consumption has continued to rise .
- Prices continue to show an upward tendency .
- His thoughts continued to dwell on her .
- Below the sound of revelry continued .
- Argument continued through the winter .
- The refrain in the street continued .
- The door continued to bang all night .
- The electron continues to whirl about the proton .
- The earthquake continued for about two minutes .
- exist over a prolonged period of time; "The bad weather continued for two more weeks"
- continue talking; "I know it''s hard," he continued, "but there is no choice"; "carry on--pretend we are not in the room"
Synonyms: go on, carry on, proceed,
- move ahead; travel onward in time or space; "We proceeded towards Washington"; "She continued in the direction of the hills"; "We are moving ahead in time now"
Synonyms: proceed, go forward,
- allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature; "We cannot continue several servants any longer"; "She retains a lawyer"; "The family''s fortune waned and they could not keep their household staff"; "Our grant has run out and we cannot keep you on"; "We kept the work going as long as we could"; "She retained her composure"; "this garment retains its shape even after many washings"
Synonyms: retain, keep, keep on,
- keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last; "preserve the peace in the family"; "continue the family tradition"; "Carry on the old traditions"
Synonyms: uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve,
- continue a certain state, condition, or activity; "Keep on working!"; "We continued to work into the night"; "Keep smiling"; "We went on working until well past midnight"
Synonyms: go on, proceed, go along, keep,
- span an interval of distance, space or time; "The war extended over five years"; "The period covered the turn of the century"; "My land extends over the hills on the horizon"; "This farm covers some 200 acres"; "The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles"
Synonyms: cover, extend,
- continue in a place, position, or situation; "After graduation, she stayed on in Cambridge as a student adviser"; "Stay with me, please"; "despite student protests, he remained Dean for another year"; "She continued as deputy mayor for another year"
Synonyms: stay, stay on, remain,
- continue after an interruption; "The demonstration continued after a break for lunch"
- do something repeatedly and showing no intention to stop; "We continued our research into the cause of the illness"; "The landlord persists in asking us to move"
Synonyms: persist in,
"continuing" in Chinese, "continuing partner" in Chinese, "continued fraction" in Chinese, "continuing education" in Chinese, "continued bond" in Chinese, "continued story" in Chinese, "continuation-in-part application" in Chinese, "continuationmedia" in Chinese, "continuative" in Chinese, "continuative energy regulation" in Chinese, "continuator" in Chinese, "continue 1" in Chinese, "continue a talk" in Chinese, "continue acting" in Chinese, "continue button" in Chinese,