contain in Chinese
[ kən'tein ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "contain"Synonyms of "contain"Use "contain" in a sentence
- The outer ring contains the valence electrons .
- Pyroxenes and amphiboles also contain calcium .
- Clay contains available nutrient elements .
- The number 101. 11 contains only five bits .
- His doctrine contained nothing novel .
- Wood charcoal contains up to 98% carbon .
- The angle is contained by the lines ab and ac .
- An atom contains a tiny heavy nucleus .
- It contained a sequence of engaging dials .
- Please contain your enthusiasm for a moment .
- hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
Synonyms: check, turn back, arrest, stop, hold back,
- lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
Synonyms: control, hold in, hold, check, curb, moderate,
- include or contain; have as a component; "A totally new idea is comprised in this paper"; "The record contains many old songs from the 1930''s"
Synonyms: incorporate, comprise,
- contain or hold; have within; "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water"
Synonyms: hold, bear, carry,
- be capable of holding or containing; "This box won''t take all the items"; "The flask holds one gallon"
Synonyms: take, hold,
- be divisible by; "24 contains 6"