compound in Chinese
[ 'kɔmpaund ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "compound"Use "compound" in a sentence
- Our side compounded the problem .
- The compound butyl rubber is calendered .
- It is the most pervasive compound on earth .
- A salt is a general term for an ionic compound .
- Enzymes are large molecular weight compounds .
- The hydroperoxides are unstable compounds .
- It is compatible with ammonium compounds .
- Luxation usually establishes a compound wound .
- The boys were in the compound loafing .
- The eutectoid compounds are very slow in forming .
- composed of more than one part; "compound leaves are composed of several lobes; "compound flower heads"
- composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony; "coral is a colonial organism"
- consisting of two or more substances or ingredients or elements or parts; "soap is a compound substance"; "housetop is a compound word"; "a blackberry is a compound fruit"
- put or add together; "combine resources"
- make more intense, stronger, or more marked; "The efforts were intensified", "Her rudeness intensified his dislike for her"; "Pot smokers claim it heightens their awareness"; "This event only deepened my convictions"
Synonyms: intensify, heighten, deepen,
- combine so as to form a whole; mix; "compound the ingredients"
- create by mixing or combining
- calculate principal and interest
- an enclosure of residences and other building (especially in the Orient)
- a whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts
- (chemistry) a substance formed by chemical union of two or more elements or ingredients in definite proportion by weight
Synonyms: chemical compound,