clutch in Chinese
[ klʌtʃ ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "clutch"Use "clutch" in a sentence
- Walden clutched at the back of the sofa .
- She stood there, clutching the railing .
- A drowning man will clutch at a straw .
- The discus was kind of the clutch event .
- Take one 's foot off the clutch .
- She released the clutch and the car began to move .
- Helen clutched nervously a bundle of package .
- Careless use of the clutch may damage the gears .
- Herb rose darted at her and clutched her arm .
- The garageman's hands clutched the rag more tightly .
- the act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
Synonyms: clasp, clench, clutches, grasp, grip, hold,
- a coupling that connects or disconnects driving and driven parts of a driving mechanism; "this year''s model has an improved clutch"
- a pedal or lever that engages or disengages a rotating shaft and a driving mechanism; "he smoothely released the clutch with one foot and stepped on the gas with the other"
Synonyms: clutch pedal,
- a woman''s strapless purse that is carried in the hand
Synonyms: clutch bag,
- a collection of things or persons to be handled together
- a number of birds hatched at the same time
- a tense critical situation; "he is a good man in the clutch"
- affect; "Fear seized the prisoners"; "The patient was seized with unbearable pains"; "He was seized with a dreadful disease"
Synonyms: seize, get hold of,
- take hold of; grab; "The sales clerk quickly seized the money on the counter"; "She clutched her purse"; "The mother seized her child by the arm"; "Birds of prey often seize small mammals"
Synonyms: seize, prehend,
- hold firmly, usually with one''s hands; "She clutched my arm when she got scared"
Synonyms: cling to, hold close, hold tight,
"friction clutch" in Chinese, "dog clutch" in Chinese, "magnetic clutch" in Chinese, "clutch coupling" in Chinese, "clutch pedal" in Chinese, "wet clutch" in Chinese, "clusy" in Chinese, "clut" in Chinese, "clut color look utable" in Chinese, "clut color look-utable" in Chinese, "clutario liza" in Chinese, "clutch a lication valve" in Chinese, "clutch adjusting arm" in Chinese, "clutch adjusting cover" in Chinese, "clutch adjusting screw" in Chinese,