clench in Chinese
How to pronounce "clench"Use "clench" in a sentence
past tense: clenched past participle: clenched plural: clenches present participle: clenching
- She struck her forehead with her clenched fist .
- She went back to her game, jaw clenched .
- She stiffened herself with clenched fists .
- I felt the clench of his hand on my arm .
- He clenched the blanket in his hand .
- Frank clenched his fist and broke out in excitement .
- Clenching her lips, she nodded .
- She opened and clenched her hands spasmodically .
- It was as if the night sang dirges with clenched teeth .
- Her hands, hanging at her sides, clenched themselves into fists .
- the act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
Synonyms: clasp, clutch, clutches, grasp, grip, hold,
- a small slip noose made with seizing
Synonyms: clinch, Verb
- squeeze together tightly; "clench one''s jaw"
- hold in a tight grasp; "clench a steering wheel"