civil in Chinese
[ 'sivl ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "civil"Use "civil" in a sentence
- She hopes to get a place in the civil service .
- You'll lose nothing by being civil .
- The country was rent in two by civil war .
- It sits in criminal and civil chambers .
- The gentleman was excessively civil .
- He made a very civil bow to me .
- He fought for the republican cause in the civil war .
- The civil war forced extension of the use of machinery .
- You must have a civil authority you can trust .
- I asked a civil question .
- not rude; marked by satisfactory (or especially minimal) adherence to social usages and sufficient but not noteworthy consideration for others; "even if he didn''t like them he should have been civil"- W.S. Maugham
- (of divisions of time) legally recognized in ordinary affairs of life; "the civil calendar"; "a civil day begins at mean midnight"
- of or relating to or befitting citizens as individuals; "civil rights"; "civil liberty"; "civic duties"; "civic pride"
- of or occurring within the state or between or among citizens of the state; "civil affairs"; "civil strife"; "civil disobedience"; "civil branches of government"
- of or in a condition of social order; "civil peoples"
- applying to ordinary citizens as contrasted with the military; "civil authorities"
"civil time" in Chinese, "civil clothes" in Chinese, "civil marriage" in Chinese, "civil sanction" in Chinese, "civil law" in Chinese, "civil war" in Chinese, "civil liberty" in Chinese, "civil day" in Chinese, "civil possession" in Chinese, "civiel" in Chinese, "civiello" in Chinese, "civiero" in Chinese, "civies" in Chinese, "civik" in Chinese, "civil accident" in Chinese, "civil act" in Chinese, "civil action" in Chinese, "civil action jurisprudence" in Chinese,