character in Chinese
How to pronounce "character"Synonyms of "character""character" in a sentence"character" meaning
past tense: charactered past participle: charactered plural: characters present participle: charactering
- I gladly bear witness to his good character .
- My waking character is far from sound .
- Some doctors are pretty puny characters .
- In writing , make the characters square and upright .
- It takes character to say a thing like that .
- He lacked f.j. 's strength of character .
- I can bear testimony to his good character .
- Old tom used to give the gun a character .
- Mr. heath was a man of unusual character .
- His character is tainted by self-seeking .
- (genetics) an attribute (structural or functional) that is determined by a gene or group of genes
- the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions; "education has for its object the formation of character"- Herbert Spencer
Synonyms: fiber, fibre,
- a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something; "each town has a quality all its own"; "the radical character of our demands"
Synonyms: quality, lineament,
- an actor''s portrayal of someone in a play; "she played the part of Desdemona"
Synonyms: role, theatrical role, part, persona,
- a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person''s qualifications and dependability; "requests for character references are all too often answered evasively"
Synonyms: reference, character reference,
- a written symbol that is used to represent speech; "the Greek alphabet has 24 characters"
Synonyms: grapheme, graphic symbol,
- an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story); "she is the main character in the novel"
Synonyms: fictional character, fictitious character,
- a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case"
Synonyms: eccentric, type, case,
- good repute; "he is a man of character"
- engrave or inscribe characters on
"acquired character" in Chinese, "grass character" in Chinese, "character book" in Chinese, "dominant character" in Chinese, "character actor" in Chinese, "specific characters" in Chinese, "unit character" in Chinese, "essential character" in Chinese, "character building" in Chinese, "characiopsis" in Chinese, "characium" in Chinese, "characoidei" in Chinese, "characostomum" in Chinese, "characostomum asmilium" in Chinese, "character (l02)" in Chinese, "character a embly" in Chinese, "character access" in Chinese, "character acing" in Chinese,