chair in Chinese
[ tʃɛə ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "chair"Synonyms of "chair""chair" in a sentence"chair" meaning
past tense: chaired past participle: chaired plural: chairs present participle: chairing
- Do they have marble tables and chairs ?
- She turned the chair on its side to repair it .
- She was the chair of the planning committee .
- He throws her roughly into the easy chair .
- Bind the prisoner to the chair with rope .
- The falling tree just grazed his chair .
- A second old lady got out of a chair .
- He was sitting very straight in his chair .
- He rocked back and forth in his chair .
- I prefer the chair in its old place .
- the position of professor; "he was awarded an endowed chair in economics"
- a seat for one person, with a support for the back; "he put his coat over the back of the chair and sat down"
- a particular seat in an orchestra; "he is second chair violin"
- an instrument of execution by electrocution; resembles an ordinary seat for one person; "the murderer was sentenced to die in the chair"
Synonyms: electric chair, death chair, hot seat,
- the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization; "address your remarks to the chairperson"
Synonyms: president, chairman, chairwoman, chairperson, Verb
- preside over; "John moderated the discussion"
Synonyms: moderate, lead,
- act or preside as chair, as of an academic department in a university; "She chaired the department for many years"
"head chair" in Chinese, "swing chair" in Chinese, "bed chair" in Chinese, "rail chair" in Chinese, "electric chair" in Chinese, "steamer chair" in Chinese, "morris chair" in Chinese, "chair warmer" in Chinese, "butterfly chair" in Chinese, "chainwork sculpture" in Chinese, "chain＝series" in Chinese, "chaiounate" in Chinese, "chaipak siriwat" in Chinese, "chaiqiao" in Chinese, "chair a meeting" in Chinese, "chair aim static load test machine" in Chinese, "chair analysis meeting" in Chinese, "chair arm" in Chinese,