cause in Chinese
[ kɔ:z ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "cause"Use "cause" in a sentence
past tense: caused past participle: caused plural: causes present participle: causing
- The actual cause awaits further investigation .
- For this apathy there were three causes .
- These four causes do not operate singly .
- The event is assigned to various causes .
- She lent her name to many worthy causes .
- The brakes locked , causing the car to skid .
- The strike has caused a lot of misery .
- Cavities in teeth are caused by decay .
- The violent storms caused several power cuts
- Her life was devoted to the cause of justice .
- any entity that produces an effect or is responsible for events or results
Synonyms: causal agent, causal agency,
- a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end; "he supported populist campaigns"; "they worked in the cause of world peace"; "the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"; "the movement to end slavery"; "contributed to the war effort"
Synonyms: campaign, crusade, drive, movement, effort,
- a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy; "the family brought suit against the landlord"
Synonyms: lawsuit, suit, case, causa,
- a justification for something existing or happening; "he had no cause to complain"; "they had good reason to rejoice"
Synonyms: reason, grounds,
- events that provide the generative force that is the origin of something; "they are trying to determine the cause of the crash"
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
Synonyms: induce, stimulate, have, get, make,
- give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally; "cause a commotion"; "make a stir"; "cause an accident"
Synonyms: do, make,
"ultimate cause" in Chinese, "lost cause" in Chinese, "first cause" in Chinese, "causative transformation" in Chinese, "causative value" in Chinese, "causative verb" in Chinese, "causative virus" in Chinese, "causativity" in Chinese, "cause ,because, cuz" in Chinese, "cause a big scandal" in Chinese, "cause a bottle of vodka" in Chinese, "cause a commotion" in Chinese,