cast in Chinese
[ kɑ:st ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "cast"Synonyms of "cast""cast" in a sentence"cast" meaning
past tense: cast past participle: cast plural: casts present participle: casting
- Bulky portion is tucked under top of cast .
- His speech cast a chill over the hospital .
- Peony casts the other flowers into the shade .
- He cast about desperately for something to say .
- It is aimless to cast water into the sea .
- Antimony adds to the rigidity of the casting .
- I'm going to the polling booth to cast my vote .
- He was casting covetous eyes at the company .
- Don't you cast the first stone at any rummies .
- He casts a beseeching glance at his son .
- a violent throw
- the act of throwing a fishing line out over the water by means of a rod and reel
- the act of throwing dice
- object formed by a mold
- bandage consisting of a firm covering (often made of plaster of Paris) that immobilizes broken bones while they heal
Synonyms: plaster cast, plaster bandage,
- container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens
Synonyms: mold, mould,
- the visual appearance of something or someone; "the delicate cast of his features"
Synonyms: form, shape,
- the actors in a play
Synonyms: cast of characters, dramatis personae,
- the distinctive form in which a thing is made; "pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
Synonyms: mold, mould, stamp, Verb
- eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
Synonyms: vomit, vomit up, purge, sick, cat, be sick, disgorge, regorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, spue, chuck, upchuck, honk, regurgitate, throw up,
- formulate in a particular style or language; "I wouldn''t put it that way"; "She cast her request in very polite language"
Synonyms: frame, redact, put, couch,
- choose at random; "draw a card"; "cast lots"
- throw forcefully
Synonyms: hurl, hurtle,
- get rid of; "he shed his image as a pushy boss"; "shed your clothes"
Synonyms: shed, cast off, shake off, throw, throw off, throw away, drop,
- put or send forth; "She threw the flashlight beam into the corner"; "The setting sun threw long shadows"; "cast a spell"; "cast a warm light"
Synonyms: project, contrive, throw,
- form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold; "cast a bronze sculpture"
Synonyms: mold, mould,
- select to play,sing, or dance a part in a play, movie, musical, opera, or ballet; "He cast a young woman in the role of Desdemona"
- move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment; "The gypsies roamed the woods"; "roving vagabonds"; "the wandering Jew"; "The cattle roam across the prairie"; "the laborers drift from one town to the next"; "They rolled from town to town"
Synonyms: roll, wander, swan, stray, tramp, roam, ramble, rove, range, drift, vagabond,
- deposit; "cast a vote"; "cast a ballot"
- assign the roles of (a movie or a play) to actors; "Who cast this beautiful movie?"
"casting" in Chinese, "cast steel" in Chinese, "cast charge" in Chinese, "plaster cast" in Chinese, "casting vote" in Chinese, "sand casting" in Chinese, "air cast" in Chinese, "video cast" in Chinese, "supporting cast" in Chinese, "cassyfiline" in Chinese, "cassytha" in Chinese, "cassytha filiform1is" in Chinese, "cassythidine" in Chinese, "cassythine" in Chinese, "cast a blank vote" in Chinese, "cast a bone between" in Chinese, "cast a chill over" in Chinese, "cast a chill over a person" in Chinese,