call in Chinese
[ kɔ:l ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "call"Synonyms of "call""call" in a sentence"call" meaning
past tense: called past participle: called plural: calls present participle: calling
8.〔美国〕【体育】停止(比赛)；判定。 call sb. by name 叫某人姓名。 call a halt 喝令停止。 call a meeting 召集会议。 call a roll 点名。 call the roll 〔美国〕点名。 call sb. from sleep 叫起某人。 call the bill so much 估计账款是这么多。 I call that mean. 我以为那是小气的。 have nothing to call one's own 什么也没有；一无所长。 called game 【棒球】评定胜负。 Call no man happy before he is dead. 人未盖棺勿谓有福。
9.请求，要求；【商业】催收(股款等)；(股票的)限价买进 (opp. put) 催付。
- "at call" in Chinese : 即期付款; 遂时偿付; 通知付款；按通知
- "at the call of" in Chinese : 在…的号召下
- "call at" in Chinese : 拜访地点; 短暂的停留/; 访问(某处); 访问(某人的家); 访问,拜访; ...
- "call by" in Chinese : 顺道访问; 顺路拜访
- "call for" in Chinese : 拜访某地; 到某地取东西；接人；要求；呼吁; 呼唤; 叫(某人)来；要求，需 ...
- "call in" in Chinese : 报到; 电话节目; 调入子程序; 叫…进来；邀请; 叫进来，召来; 来访，顺 ...
- "call in at" in Chinese : 船停靠
- "call of" in Chinese : 邀同去
- "call on" in Chinese : 拜访，访问，号召，呼吁; 拜访，号召; 拜访；看望；号召; 拜访某人，号召; ...
- "call on to" in Chinese : 用来做…
- "call the" in Chinese : 号角; 呼声
- "call to" in Chinese : 呼唤; 无此用法
- "call-in" in Chinese : n. 〔美国〕电话点播节目。
- "no call" in Chinese : 不叫
- "no call for" in Chinese : 不需要
- Business is terrible. i am calling it quits .
- A number x is called an almost upper bound of a .
- The opening of the iris is called the pupil .
- Then it is often called survivor growth .
- He answered the call of duty and enlisted in the army .
- Call room service and ask for some coffee .
- Their mating calls left no room for doubt .
- The new edges are called the spokes of the wheel .
- Benzene hexachloride is commonly called bhc .
- You may call my facies whimsical .
- the option to buy a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date
Synonyms: call option,
- (sports) the decision made by an umpire or referee; "he was ejected for protesting the call"
- a visit in an official or professional capacity; "the pastor''s calls on his parishioners"; "the salesman''s call on a customer"
- a brief social visit; "senior professors'' wives no longer make afternoon calls on newcomers"; "the characters in Henry James'' novels are forever paying calls on each other, usually in the parlor of some residence"
- a telephone connection; "she reported several anonymous calls"; "he placed a phone call to London"; "he heard the phone ringing but didn''t want to take the call"
Synonyms: phone call, telephone call,
- an instruction that interrupts the program being executed; "Pascal performs calls by simply giving the name of the routine to be executed"
- the characteristic sound produced by a bird; "a bird will not learn its song unless it hears it at an early age"
Synonyms: birdcall, birdsong, song,
- a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition; "the speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience"
Synonyms: cry, outcry, yell, shout, vociferation,
- a request; "many calls for Christmas stories"; "not many calls for buggywhips"
- a demand especially in the phrase "the call of duty"
- a demand for a show of hands in a card game; "after two raises there was a call"
- a demand by a broker that a customer deposit enough to bring his margin up to the minimum requirement
Synonyms: margin call, Verb
- rouse somebody from sleep with a call; "I was called at 5 A.M. this morning"
- consider or regard as being; "I would not call her beautiful"
- challenge the sincerity or truthfulness of; "call the speaker on a question of fact"
- utter in a loud voice or announce; "He called my name"; "The auctioneer called the bids"
- order, summon, or request for a specific duty or activity, work, role; "He was already called 4 times for jury duty"; "They called him to active military duty"
- order or request or give a command for; "The unions called a general strike for Sunday"
- lure by imitating the characteristic call of an animal; "Call ducks"
- get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone; "I tried to call you all night"; "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
Synonyms: telephone, call up, phone, ring,
- order, request, or command to come; "She was called into the director''s office"; "Call the police!"
Synonyms: send for,
- declare in the capacity of an umpire or referee; "call a runner out"
- challenge (somebody) to make good on a statement; charge with or censure for an offense; "He deserves to be called on that"
- require the presentation of for redemption before maturation; "Call a bond"
- utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn''t hear me"
Synonyms: shout, shout out, cry, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall,
- make a prediction about; tell in advance; "Call the outcome of an election"
Synonyms: predict, foretell, prognosticate, forebode, anticipate, promise,
- ascribe a quality to or give a name of a common noun that reflects a quality; "He called me a bastard"; "She called her children lazy and ungrateful"
- utter a characteristic note or cry; "bluejays called to one another"
- assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to; "They named their son David"; "The new school was named after the famous Civil Rights leader"
- send a message or attempt to reach someone by radio, phone, etc.; make a signal to in order to transmit a message; "Hawaii is calling!"; "A transmitter in Samoa was heard calling"
- read aloud to check for omissions or absentees; "Call roll"
- indicate a decision in regard to; "call balls and strikes behind the plate"
- give the calls (to the dancers) for a square dance
Synonyms: call off,
- make a demand, as for a card or a suit or a show of hands; "He called his trump"
- demand payment of (a loan); "Call a loan"
Synonyms: call in,
- call a meeting; invite or command to meet; "The Wannsee Conference was called to discuss the `Final Solution''"; "The new dean calls meetings every week"
- pay a brief visit; "The mayor likes to call on some of the prominent citizens"
Synonyms: visit, call in,
- make a stop in a harbour; "The ship will call in Honolulu tomorrow"
- greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name; "He always addresses me with `Sir''"; "Call me Mister"; "She calls him by first name"
- stop or postpone because of adverse conditions, such as bad weather; "call a football game"
- "call" meaning: Verb: call kol Assign a specified (usu...
- "call" meaning in Japanese: １call n. 呼び声; 点呼; 合図; 召集; 神のお召し; 魅力; 訪問; 電話をかけること, 通話; 要求,...
- "call" meaning in Korean: 시끄러움
- "call" meaning in Russian: 1) крик Ex: loud call громкий выкрик Ex: call for help кри...
- "call" meaning in Arabic: n. سحب, زيارة, عيادة زيارة, صيحة, محاكاة لصوت, أداة لمحا...
- "call" meaning in French: n. appel; cri; appel téléphonique; visite; sonnerie; con...