cable in Chinese
[ 'keibl ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "cable"Synonyms of "cable""cable" in a sentence"cable" meaning
past tense: cabled past participle: cabled plural: cables present participle: cabling
- News of his death was cabled to his family .
- The cables were wrenched from their fastenings .
- The new ship cut her cable and slipped into the water .
- She had fired off the repentant cable .
- Two great towers support four huge cables .
- A cable connects a continuous line of buckets .
- Check a cable when it 's running out .
- Do not forget to cable us as soon as you arrive .
- This type of cable is generally referred to as a streamer .
- The cables are parallel and equidistant from each other .
- a very strong thick rope made of twisted hemp or steel wire
- a television system that transmits over cables
Synonyms: cable television, cable system, cable television service,
- a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power
Synonyms: line, transmission line,
- a telegram sent abroad
Synonyms: cablegram, overseas telegram,
- television that is transmitted over cable directly to the receiver
Synonyms: cable television,
- a nautical unit of depth
Synonyms: cable length, cable''s length, Verb
- send cables, wires, or telegrams
Synonyms: telegraph, wire,
- fasten with a cable; "cable trees"