burst in Chinese
[ bə:st ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "burst"Synonyms of "burst""burst" in a sentence"burst" meaning
past tense: burst past participle: burst plural: bursts present participle: bursting
- There was a spirited burst of handclapping .
- The scalding water burst forth from his eyes .
- The pent-up air burst from his lungs .
- I am bursting to tell him the news .
- Then the laughter burst out afresh .
- The trees would be just bursting into leaf .
- It was like the whole sea bursting open .
- The pimple came to a head before bursting .
- A splendid view burst upon us .
- The spirit's sleep burst too late for me .
- the act of exploding or bursting; "the explosion of the firecrackers awoke the children"; "the burst of an atom bomb creates enormous radiation aloft"
- a sudden flurry of activity (often for no obvious reason); "a burst of applause"; "a fit of housecleaning"
- rapid simultaneous discharge of firearms; "our fusillade from the left flank caught them by surprise"
Synonyms: fusillade, salvo, volley,
- a sudden intense happening; "an outburst of heavy rain"; "a burst of lightning"
Synonyms: outburst, flare-up, Verb
- burst outward, usually with noise; "The champagne bottle exploded"
- come open suddenly and violently, as if from internal pressure; "The bubble burst"
Synonyms: split, break open,
- break open or apart suddenly and forcefully; "The dam burst"
- emerge suddenly; "The sun burst into view"
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger"
Synonyms: break, erupt,
- move suddenly, energetically, or violently; "He burst out of the house into the cool night"
- cause to burst; "The ice broke the pipe"
- be in a state of movement or action; "The room abounded with screaming children"; "The garden bristled with toddlers"
Synonyms: abound, bristle,
"bursting" in Chinese, "bursting chamber" in Chinese, "shell burst" in Chinese, "bursting strength" in Chinese, "meteor burst" in Chinese, "cloud burst" in Chinese, "bursting point" in Chinese, "bursting layer" in Chinese, "bursting charge" in Chinese, "bursopoietin" in Chinese, "bursotomy" in Chinese, "bursov" in Chinese, "bursova" in Chinese, "bursstahler" in Chinese, "burst (of pulses or oscillations)" in Chinese, "burst access" in Chinese, "burst acoustic emission signal" in Chinese, "burst acquisition" in Chinese,