book in Chinese
[ buk ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "book"Use "book" in a sentence
past tense: booked past participle: booked plural: books present participle: booking
- The police seized various books and tapes .
- Her books have gone off in recent years .
- Her brother shut himself up among books .
- You can read this book in one sitting .
- The book does not say where he was born .
- The book provides insight and inspiration .
- Two copies of the same book have been bought by mistake .
- I thought you always liked long books .
- This book is not as interesting as that one ...
- Some newspapers have critiques of new books .
- physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together; "he used a large book as a doorstop"
- a number of sheets (ticket or stamps etc.) bound together on one edge; "he bought a book of stamps"
- a major division of a long written composition; "the book of Isaiah"
- a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together); "I am reading a good book on economics"
- a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone; "Al Smith used to say, `Let''s look at the record''"; "his name is in all the record books"
Synonyms: record, record book,
- a written version of a play or other dramatic composition; used in preparing for a performance
Synonyms: script, playscript,
- a collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made; "they run things by the book around here"
Synonyms: rule book,
- a collection of playing cards satisfying the rules of a card game
- a record in which commercial accounts are recorded; "they got a subpoena to examine our books"
Synonyms: ledger, leger, account book, book of account, Verb
- engage for a performance; "Her agent had booked her for several concerts in Tokyo"
- record a charge in a police register; "The policeman booked her when she tried to solicit a man"
- arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance; "reserve me a seat on a flight"; "The agent booked tickets to the show for the whole family"; "please hold a table at Maxim''s"
Synonyms: reserve, hold,
- register in a hotel booker
"book society" in Chinese, "book page" in Chinese, "book louse" in Chinese, "subscription book" in Chinese, "good book" in Chinese, "baby book" in Chinese, "book lore" in Chinese, "minute book" in Chinese, "book stack" in Chinese, "booher" in Chinese, "boohoo" in Chinese, "booiean(b)(bool)" in Chinese, "booischot" in Chinese, "boojum" in Chinese, "book 11" in Chinese, "book 1b" in Chinese, "book 2 lesson 27" in Chinese, "book 2b" in Chinese,