bombard in Chinese
[ bɔm'bɑ:d ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "bombard"Use "bombard" in a sentence
past tense: bombarded past participle: bombarded plural: bombards present participle: bombarding
- Tolstoy bombards you with twenty-two names .
- Miss wilkinson bombarded him with letters .
- He agreed on condition that i bombard the enemy house .
- From london balcon kept bombarding hitch with telegrams .
- Accelerated beams of deuterons bombarding a target will not work .
- Colloidal particles are bombarded by molecules of the dispersion medium .
- The earth is continually bombarded by particles from outer space .
- The little town was bombarded with enemy shells for a whole week .
- Much of the sunlight bombarding the planet is absorbed by the oceans .
- Out pert little personnel manager was bombarded with questions .
- a large shawm; the bass member of the shawm family
Synonyms: bombardon, Verb
- direct high energy particles or radiation against
- address with continuously or persistently, as if with a barrage; "The speaker was barraged by an angry audience"; "The governor was bombarded with requests to grant a pardon to the convicted killer"
- throw bombs at or attack with bombs; "The Americans bombed Dresden"
- cast, hurl, or throw repeatedly with some missile; "They pelted each other with snowballs"