blue in Chinese
[ blu: ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "blue"Synonyms of "blue""blue" in a sentence"blue" meaning
past tense: blued past participle: blued plural: blues present participle: bluing
1.青色，蓝色；〔the b-〕 碧空，苍天，青天；海，沧海。
2.蓝色颜料[染料](等)；蓝布；穿蓝制服的人〔美国〕(南北战争中的)联邦军，北军；(美国耶鲁 (Yale)、 英国剑桥、牛津大学的)大学色标，大学体育队选手〔尤指上述三大学〕。
5.〔the blues〕 一种感伤的黑人民歌；布鲁斯舞(曲)〔爵士音乐及舞步的一种〕
6.〔口语〕 〔the blues〕 忧郁，忧闷，不乐，沮丧。Phrases
- "in the blue" in Chinese : 闷闷不乐; 浅蓝深蓝; 在碧蓝的天空
- "in to the blue" in Chinese : 蓝色忧郁
- "into the blue" in Chinese : 碧海追踪; 深海寻宝; 消失得无影无踪; 至远处
- "blue blue" in Chinese : 蓝蓝的天空白云飘; 是蓝色
- "blue on blue" in Chinese : 愁上加愁
- "blue blue merle" in Chinese : 黑白色
- "blue blue sky" in Chinese : 蓝蓝的天
- "blue channel blue" in Chinese : 通道
- "blue curacao blue" in Chinese : 蓝色柑香酒
- "blue moon blue" in Chinese : 蓝月亮
- "blue paper; blue book" in Chinese : 蓝皮书
- "blue sky blue dream" in Chinese : 蓝蓝的天蓝蓝的梦
- "blue… blue moon" in Chinese : 蓝色的 蓝色的月亮……
- "cerulean blue blue green" in Chinese : 青色
- "chinese blue; mohammedan blue" in Chinese : 回回青
- Though poor, he was blue blood in his veins .
- The allele for blue eyes is recessive .
- I'd like to leather him black and blue .
- His intent blue eyes still stirred her .
- The sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue .
- His blue eyes are the good sort .
- The sky was a clear blue over our heads .
- The wood-smoke went up blue and straight .
- The sky was blue and the air fresh and sweet .
- Her long, narrow blue eyes were swimming .
- causing dejection; "a blue day"; "the dark days of the war"; "a week of rainy depressing weather"; "a disconsolate winter landscape"; "the first dismal dispiriting days of November"; "a dark gloomy day"; "grim rainy weather"
Synonyms: dark, dingy, disconsolate, dismal, gloomy, grim, sorry, drab, drear, dreary,
- of the color intermediate between green and violet; having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky; "October''s bright blue weather"- Helen Hunt Jackson; "a blue flame"; "blue haze of tobacco smoke"
Synonyms: bluish, blueish,
- characterized by profanity or cursing; "foul-mouthed and blasphemous"; "blue language"; "profane words"
Synonyms: blasphemous, profane,
- filled with melancholy and despondency ; "gloomy at the thought of what he had to face"; "gloomy predictions"; "a gloomy silence"; "took a grim view of the economy"; "the darkening mood"; "lonely and blue in a strange city"; "depressed by the loss of his job"; "a dispirited and resigned expression on her face"; "downcast after his defeat"; "feeling discouraged and downhearted"
Synonyms: gloomy, grim, depressed, dispirited, down, downcast, downhearted, down in the mouth, low, low-spirited,
- morally rigorous and strict; "the puritan work ethic"; "puritanic distaste for alcohol"; "she was anything but puritanical in her behavior"
Synonyms: puritanic, puritanical,
- belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy; "an aristocratic family"; "aristocratic Bostonians"; "aristocratic government"; "a blue family"; "blue blood"; "the blue-blooded aristocracy"; "of gentle blood"; "patrician landholders of the American South"; "aristocratic bearing"; "aristocratic features"; "patrician tastes"
Synonyms: aristocratic, aristocratical, blue-blooded, gentle, patrician,
- used to signify the Union forces in the American Civil War (who wore blue uniforms); "a ragged blue line"
- suggestive of sexual impropriety; "a blue movie"; "blue jokes"; "he skips asterisks and gives you the gamy details"; "a juicy scandal"; "a naughty wink"; "naughty words"; "racy anecdotes"; "a risque story"; "spicy gossip"
Synonyms: gamy, gamey, juicy, naughty, racy, risque, spicy, Verb
- turn blue
- any of numerous small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
- the sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate; used as a sedative and a hypnotic
Synonyms: amobarbital sodium, blue angel, blue devil, Amytal,
- blue clothing; "she was wearing blue"
- blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime; "he had eyes of bright blue"
- any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are blue; "the Union army was a vast blue"
- the sky as viewed during daylight; "he shot an arrow into the blue"
Synonyms: blue sky, blue air, wild blue yonder,
- used to whiten laundry or hair or give it a bluish tinge
Synonyms: bluing, blueing,
- "blue" meaning: Adjective: blue (bluer,bluest) bloo Of...
- "blue" meaning in Japanese: １blue n. 青色; 青空. 【動詞＋】 ◆get one's blue (オックスフォードとケンブリッジで)対...
- "blue" meaning in Korean: 푸른, 하늘색(청색)의, 남색의, 우울한, 비관적인, (사태가)여의치 않은, 푸른 옷을 입은, (영국)보...
- "blue" meaning in Russian: 1) синий цвет; голубой цвет; Ex: Oxford blue темно-синий ц...
- "blue" meaning in Arabic: adj. أزرق, كئيب, بذيء, ضارب إلى الزرقة, مورث كآبة, مرتد ...
- "blue" meaning in French: n. couleur bleue, bleu, couleur du ciel et de a mer v. ...
"blueing" in Chinese, "bluing" in Chinese, "navy blue" in Chinese, "spirit blue" in Chinese, "blue william" in Chinese, "blue jeans" in Chinese, "blue book" in Chinese, "blue alert" in Chinese, "blue monday" in Chinese, "bludgers" in Chinese, "bludov" in Chinese, "bludovska" in Chinese, "bludovsky" in Chinese, "bludsky" in Chinese, "blue - best in" in Chinese, "blue about the gills" in Chinese, "blue acara" in Chinese, "blue acid" in Chinese,