blood in Chinese
[ blʌd ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "blood"Synonyms of "blood""blood" in a sentence"blood" meaning
past tense: blooded past participle: blooded plural: bloods present participle: blooding
- In his veins dances the blood of hero .
- Though poor, he was blue blood in his veins .
- Golf is something that gets in the blood .
- He transfused his blood to the injured man .
- His wounding remarks clearly drew blood .
- Man has been intrigued with blood coagulation .
- This is the way to stem the flow of the blood .
- It made tim o'halloran's blood boil .
- There is constant reference to blood in plays .
- The worms have perforated the mucosa to suck blood .
- temperament or disposition; "a person of hot blood"
- the fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped through the body by the heart and contains plasma, blood cells, and platelets; "blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and carries away waste products"; "the ancients believed that blood was the seat of the emotions"
- people viewed as members of a group; "we need more young blood in this organization"
- the descendants of one individual; "his entire lineage has been warriors"
Synonyms: lineage, line, line of descent, descent, bloodline, blood line, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stemma, stock,
- a dissolute man in fashionable society
Synonyms: rake, rakehell, profligate, rip, roue, Verb
- smear with blood, as in a hunting initiation rite, where the face of a person is smeared with the blood of the kill