bid in Chinese
[ bid ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "bid"Synonyms of "bid""bid" in a sentence"bid" meaning
past tense: bade past participle: bidden plural: bids present participle: bidding
- He bade me hold my peace. he threatened me .
- He went to mr. perkins to bid him good-bye .
- He bade her good-bye and left .
- We bid for the erection of a multistory building ..
- I am no son of thine to do thy bidding .
- The negotiations bid fair to be successful .
- The fellow made a high bid on eliza .
- I made him a bid for the antique table .
- This plan bids fair to be a success .
- He bade his wife farewell and set out on his journey .
- an attempt to get something; "they made a futile play for power"; "he made a bid to gain attention"
- (bridge) the number of tricks a bridge player is willing to contract to make
- a formal proposal to buy at a specified price
- an authoritative direction or instruction to do something
Synonyms: command, bidding, dictation, Verb
- ask for or request earnestly; "The prophet bid all people to become good persons"
Synonyms: beseech, entreat, adjure, press, conjure,
- ask someone in a friendly way to do something
- invoke upon; "wish you a nice evening"; "bid farewell"
- make a serious effort to attain something; "His campaign bid for the attention of the poor population"
- propose a payment; "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
Synonyms: offer, tender,
- make a demand, as for a card or a suit or a show of hands; "He called his trump"
"bidding" in Chinese, "bidden" in Chinese, "bade" in Chinese, "public bidding" in Chinese, "bidding prayer" in Chinese, "bidding block" in Chinese, "dumb bid" in Chinese, "bicylindrical lens" in Chinese, "bicylindrical resonator" in Chinese, "biczi" in Chinese, "biczo" in Chinese, "biczok" in Chinese, "bid (offer, attempt, endeavour)" in Chinese, "bid a high price" in Chinese, "bid a high price for" in Chinese, "bid a low price" in Chinese,