berth in Chinese
[ bə:θ ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "berth"Synonyms of "berth"Use "berth" in a sentence
past tense: berthed past participle: berthed plural: berths present participle: berthing
- There's a nice berth all made up for you .
- They rooked me ￡ 10 for my berth .
- He was berthing below with the refugees .
- Our tender was berthed there .
- The liner berthed at midday .
- I took berlin's advice and gave bowra a wide berth .
- The ship shifted its berth .
- Berths on steamships can be booked a long while in advance .
- In a berth dredged in the harbour she lay for a month .
- He is so boring that i always try to give him a wide berth at parties .
- a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
Synonyms: position, post, office, spot, billet, place, situation,
- a bed on a ship or train; usually in tiers
Synonyms: bunk, built in bed,
- a place where a craft can be made fast
Synonyms: mooring, moorage, slip, Verb
- come into or dock at a wharf; "the big ship wharfed in the evening"
Synonyms: moor, wharf,
- secure in or as if in a berth or dock; "tie up the boat"
Synonyms: moor, tie up,
- provide with a berth