battle in Chinese
[ 'bætl ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "battle"Use "battle" in a sentence
past tense: battled past participle: battled plural: battles present participle: battling
- The general arrayed his troops for battle .
- The soldiers got ready for a fierce battle .
- The two opposing armies are locked in battle .
- The army pulled back after the battle .
- That combat, i think, was half the battle .
- The soldiers girt themselves up for battle .
- We were ahead in the propaganda battle .
- This was a recurrent battle between them .
- White was seriously maimed in the battle .
- The enemy had a lively time during the battle ...
- an energetic attempt to achieve something; "getting through the crowd was a real struggle"; "he fought a battle for recognition"
- a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war; "Grant won a decisive victory in the battle of Chickamauga"; "he lost his romantic ideas about war when he got into a real engagement"
Synonyms: conflict, fight, engagement,
- an open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals); "the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph"--Thomas Paine; "police tried to control the battle between the pro- and anti-abortion mobs"
Synonyms: conflict, struggle, Verb
- battle or contend against in or as if in a battle; "The Kurds are combating Iraqi troops in Northern Iraq"; "We must combat the prejudices against other races"; "they battled over the budget"
"battled" in Chinese, "battle dress" in Chinese, "battle piece" in Chinese, "battle front" in Chinese, "battle waggon" in Chinese, "battle stations" in Chinese, "battle cry" in Chinese, "battle wagon" in Chinese, "seesaw battle" in Chinese, "battistuzzi" in Chinese, "battit bearing" in Chinese, "battizocco" in Chinese, "battl illumination" in Chinese, "battlay" in Chinese, "battle (l04)" in Chinese, "battle act" in Chinese, "battle after battle" in Chinese, "battle against" in Chinese,