bank in Chinese
[ bæŋk ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "bank"Synonyms of "bank""bank" in a sentence"bank" meaning
- Bank communications become more effective .
- I am on familiar terms with my bank manager .
- The bank seemed to swim before my eyes .
- Your banks should bear the brunt of it .
- Banks have developed along specialized lines .
- Have you paid that money to the bank yet ?
- He is launching his son on a career in banking .
- My bank deals in stocks and shares now .
- The fire in the stove was banked up at night .
- He broke the bank at monte carlo .
- a flight maneuver; aircraft tips laterally about its longitudinal axis (especially in turning); "the plane went into a steep bank"
- a building in which the business of banking transacted; "the bank is on the corner of Nassau and Witherspoon"
Synonyms: bank building,
- a container (usually with a slot in the top) for keeping money at home; "the coin bank was empty"
Synonyms: savings bank, coin bank, money box,
- a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the money into lending activities; "he cashed a check at the bank"; "that bank holds the mortgage on my home"
Synonyms: depository financial institution, banking concern, banking company,
- an arrangement of similar objects in a row or in tiers; "he operated a bank of switches"
- a long ridge or pile; "a huge bank of earth"
- sloping land (especially the slope beside a body of water); "they pulled the canoe up on the bank"; "he sat on the bank of the river and watched the currents"
- a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force
Synonyms: cant, camber,
- the funds held by a gambling house or the dealer in some gambling games; "he tried to break the bank at Monte Carlo"
- a supply or stock held in reserve for future use (especially in emergencies)
- have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in God"; "Rely on your friends"; "bank on your good education"; "I swear by my grandmother''s recipes"
Synonyms: trust, swear, rely,
- cover with ashes so to control the rate of burning; "bank a fire"
- enclose with a bank; "bank roads"
- tip laterally; "the pilot had to bank the aircraft"
- put into a bank account; "She deposits her paycheck every month"
- be in the banking business
- act as the banker in a game or in gambling
- do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank; "Where do you bank in this town?"