ballast in Chinese
How to pronounce "ballast"Synonyms of "ballast""ballast" in a sentence"ballast" meaning
past tense: ballasted past participle: ballasted present participle: ballasting
- Arc lamps require a current-limiting ballast .
- The rail beds well on the ballast .
- He furnished psychological ballast to a desperate president .
- The rails of the two tracks are supported on wooden ties resting on a ballast .
- So are the motions of a little vessel without ballast tossed about on a stormy sea .
- It was my conviction that a concept of our fundamental national interests would provide a ballast of restraint an assurance of continuity .
- Self ballasted lamps for general lighting services
- Marine ballasts for high pressure mercury vapour lamp
- General specification for ballast tanks paint of ship
- Fluorescent lamp ballasts , methods of measurement of
- any heavy material used to stabilize a ship or airship
- an electrical device for starting and regulating fluorescent and discharge lamps
Synonyms: light ballast,
- a resistor inserted into a circuit to compensate for changes (as those arising from temperature fluctuations)
Synonyms: ballast resistor, barretter,
- an attribute that tends to give stability in character and morals; something that steadies the mind or feelings
- coarse gravel laid to form a bed for streets and railroads
- make steady with a ballast