award in Chinese
[ ə'wɔ:d ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "award"Synonyms of "award"Use "award" in a sentence
past tense: awarded past participle: awarded plural: awards present participle: awarding
- He was awarded the nobel prize for physics .
- This new invention wins the highest award .
- Have you heard the good news about my award ?
- The king awarded the soldier a horse .
- Mary is not eligible for an award .
- The patent for this process was awarded in 1922 .
- Five medals of honor were awarded on august .
- The referee awarded a penalty to the home team .
- Success is awarded to the bettermost .
- She begrudged her friend the award .
- a grant made by a law court; "he criticized the awarding of compensation by the court"
- a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"
Synonyms: accolade, honor, honour, laurels,
- something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery; "the prize was a free trip to Europe"
Synonyms: prize, Verb
- give, especially as an honor or reward; "bestow honors and prizes at graduation"
- give as judged due or on the basis of merit; "the referee awarded a free kick to the team"; "the jury awarded a million dollars to the plaintiff";"Funds are granted to qualified researchers"