authority in Chinese
[ ɔ:'θɔriti ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "authority"Synonyms of "authority""authority" in a sentence"authority" meaning
- They have complained to local authorities .
- His voice carries the ring of authority .
- He ignored the existing lines of authority .
- Policemen have authority to arrest lawbreakers .
- These factories are run by the local authorities .
- Teachers exercise authority over their pupils .
- Books of authority are all of some antiquity .
- I shall have to report this to the authorities .
- He battered him with authorities .
- The authorities were alerted to the danger .
- official permission or approval; "authority for the program was renewed several times"
Synonyms: authorization, authorisation, sanction,
- the power or right to give orders or make decisions; "he has the authority to issue warrants"; "deputies are given authorization to make arrests"; "a place of potency in the state"
Synonyms: authorization, authorisation, potency, dominance, say-so,
- freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"; "after that failure he lost his confidence"; "she spoke with authority"
Synonyms: assurance, self-assurance, confidence, self-confidence, sureness,
- an authoritative written work; "this book is the final authority on the life of Milton"
- an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
Synonyms: agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, office,
- an expert whose views are taken as definitive; "he is an authority on corporate law"
- (usually plural) persons who exercise (administrative) control over others; "the authorities have issued a curfew"
"authorities authorities" in Chinese, "authorities concerned" in Chinese, "authorities of fig" in Chinese, "authorities权威,当局" in Chinese, "authoritized agent" in Chinese, "authority and format identifier" in Chinese, "authority and responsibility" in Chinese, "authority and responsibility relation" in Chinese, "authority at the next higher level" in Chinese,