apply in Chinese
[ ə'plai ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "apply"Synonyms of "apply"Use "apply" in a sentence
past tense: applied past participle: applied present participle: applying
- These methods cannot be applied universally .
- On your advice i applied for the job .
- He applied for the position of assistant manager .
- I have not applied colours on this drawing .
- He applied for a patent on his invention .
- He silently applied the tube to his lips .
- In the y-direction a similar equation applies .
- A test load was applied to the girder .
- The money was applied to the payment of debts ...
- I'll show you how the traction is applied .
- ask (for something); "He applied for a leave of absence"; "She applied for college"; "apply for a job"
- refer (a word or name) to a person or thing; "He applied this racial slur to me!"
- put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose; "use your head!"; "we only use Spanish at home"; "I can''t use this tool"; "Apply a magnetic field here"; "This thinking was applied to many projects"; "How do you utilize this tool?"; "I apply this rule to get good results"; "use the plastic bags to store the food"; "He doesn''t know how to use a computer"
Synonyms: use, utilize, utilise, employ,
- apply to a surface; "She applied paint to the back of the house"; "Put on make-up!"
Synonyms: put on,
- give or convey physically; "She gave him First Aid"; "I gave him a punch in the nose"
- ensure observance of laws and rules; "Apply the rules to everyone";
Synonyms: enforce, implement,
- avail oneself to; "apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
Synonyms: practice, use,
- apply oneself to; "Please apply yourself to your homework"
- be pertinent or relevant or applicable; "The same laws apply to you!"; "This theory holds for all irrational numbers"; "The same rules go for everyone"
Synonyms: hold, go for,
- be applicable to; as to an analysis; "This theory lends itself well to our new data"
Synonyms: lend oneself,
"applied" in Chinese, "applied chemistry" in Chinese, "applied mathematics" in Chinese, "applied art" in Chinese, "appliqué decal" in Chinese, "applitel" in Chinese, "appload" in Chinese, "applocation for driver" in Chinese, "applova" in Chinese, "apply a counter-traction" in Chinese, "apply a plaster" in Chinese, "apply a plaster to a wound" in Chinese, "apply a plaster to the affected part" in Chinese,