appeal in Chinese
[ ə'pi:l ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "appeal"Synonyms of "appeal""appeal" in a sentence"appeal" meaning
past tense: appealed past participle: appealed plural: appeals present participle: appealing
- Her eyes held a look of silent appeal .
- The new fashion soon lost its appeal .
- You might not appeal to her in vain .
- The judge pronounced against her appeal .
- I do not find small boys very appealing .
- I appealed to him for help in finding a job .
- His appeal does not affect or impress me .
- They kept at me with their appeals for subscriptions .
- The underlying idea is an appealing one .
- The red cross appeals to philanthropy .
- (law) a legal proceeding in which the appellant resorts to a higher court for the purpose of obtaining a review of a lower court decision and a reversal of the lower court''s judgment or the granting of a new trial; "their appeal was denied in the superior court"
- attractiveness that interests or pleases or stimulates; "his smile was part of his appeal to her"
Synonyms: appealingness, charm,
- request for a sum of money; "an appeal to raise money for starving children"
Synonyms: solicitation, collection, ingathering,
- earnest or urgent request; "an entreaty to stop the fighting"; "an appeal for help"; "an appeal to the public to keep calm"
Synonyms: entreaty, prayer, Verb
- request earnestly (something from somebody); ask for aid or protection; "appeal to somebody for help"; "Invoke God in times of trouble"
- cite as an authority; resort to; "He invoked the law that would save him"; "I appealed to the law of 1900"; "She invoked an ancient law"
- be attractive to; "The idea of a vacation appeals to me"; "The beautiful garden attracted many people"
- take a court case to a higher court for review; "He was found guilty but appealed immediately"
- challenge (a decision); "She appealed the verdict"
"appealing" in Chinese, "snob appeal" in Chinese, "sex appeal" in Chinese, "appd port hedland" in Chinese, "appd(approved)" in Chinese, "appdomain" in Chinese, "appe" in Chinese, "appe(advanced packet parsing engine" in Chinese, "appeal a case" in Chinese, "appeal abandoned" in Chinese, "appeal against" in Chinese, "appeal against a charge" in Chinese,