amount in Chinese
[ ə'maunt ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "amount"Synonyms of "amount"Use "amount" in a sentence
past tense: amounted past participle: amounted plural: amounts present participle: amounting
- There is a large amount of literature available .
- The capital sunk in it is fabulous in amount .
- Resources do not depend upon gross amounts .
- Please charge the amount to my account .
- The amount of the fine must be specified .
- That is all any administrative change amount to .
- Their expenses amount to fifty dollars .
- I don't have a decent amount to give him .
- Your monthly salary amounts to $1500.
- The project requires a tremendous amount of money .
- how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
Synonyms: measure, quantity,
- the relative magnitude of something with reference to a criterion; "an adequate amount of food for four people"
- a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers
Synonyms: sum, total,
- a quantity of money; "he borrowed a large sum"; "the amount he had in cash was insufficient"
Synonyms: sum, sum of money, amount of money, Verb
- develop into; "This idea will never amount to anything"; "nothing came of his grandiose plans"
Synonyms: come, add up,
- add up in number or quantity; "The bills amounted to $2,000"; "The bill came to $2,000"
Synonyms: total, number, add up, come,
- be tantamount or equivalent to; "Her action amounted to a rebellion"